Power System Laboratory
Energizing Minds: Power System Laboratory for B.Tech Students
Welcome to the Power System Laboratory, a vibrant space within our institution designed to deepen the understanding of power systems and foster hands-on experience for our B.Tech students. This state-of-the-art facility is equipped with advanced tools, simulation software, and experimental setups to empower students with practical insights into the complex world of power systems.
- Power System Simulation Software: Our laboratory features cutting-edge simulation software that enables students to model, analyze, and simulate various components of power systems. This digital environment enhances understanding and allows students to explore the behavior of power systems in diverse scenarios.
- Experimental Rigs: The laboratory is equipped with experimental setups representing components of power systems such as generators, transformers, transmission lines, and distribution systems. This hands-on experience facilitates the application of theoretical knowledge to real-world situations.
- Protection and Control Devices: Students work with protection and control devices used in power systems, gaining insights into the mechanisms that ensure the reliability and safety of the electrical grid.
List of Experiments
- Determination of transmission line constant (ABCD) by experimental.
- Load test & Calculation of Regulation, efficiency of transmission line by performing experiments.
- Study the the distribution system fed at one end and both the end.
- Study of generator protection for differential, over current , over/under voltage, over/under frequency, reverse power and earth faults using generator protection relay.
- To perform experiment to operate Buchholz relay to detect gas collected in the relay chamber.
- To perform experiment to operate Buchholz relay to detect surge of oil due to short circuit.
- Testing of OCB under Over current fault condition (under different fault current & study the tripping characteristics).
- Study the working & principle of cable fault locator using Varley loop methods.
- To test the phase sequence of three phase supply using Two lamps method.
- To test the phase sequence of three phase supply using RL method.